Platts Forward Curve-Oil (PFC-Oil) provides forward curve assessments as well as indispensable analytical coverage and market commentary on the global derivatives market. This information is based on real market activity to provide you with a relevant and independent point of view.
PFC-Oil eliminates bias that may be present in broker curves and provides you with an independent data source to help you manage exposure to oil price volatility and regulatory risk.
- Confidently assess the market values of oil assets and liabilities
- Report the fair value of derivative instruments on financial statements and disclosures with confidence
- Support portfolio risk functions, such as stress testing and scenario building
- Calculate meaningful market risk metrics, such as Value-at-Risk (VaR)
- Validate internally-derived forward curves against third-party data
PFC-Oil provides real-time forward curve assessments of the global derivatives market. Features include:
- More than 60 assessments of forward curves- plus spreads and differentials- that include more than 2,200 individual data points in the Asian, European, and Americas petroleum markets
- Assessments that extend out up to three calendar years and are offered as monthly, quarterly, and calendar-year packages
- Coverage of exchange-traded and over-the-counter swaps
- Independent commentary and analysis from dedicated market analysts
- Historical data for the over-the-counter derivatives market