Platts Metals Alert is the metal and steel industry's leading real-time news and price service. With Metals Alert, you’ll instantly learn about market changes—giving you access to information you can use to boost your profits, cut your losses and save time.
Metals Alert delivers instant breaking news and transparent pricing for the full spectrum of nonferrous metals, precious metals, iron ore, steel and ferroalloys.
Our global team of metal and steel specialists is dedicated to covering the markets around the world, so you can keep current on what's happening right now.
With correspondents in thirty countries and news bureaus—including New York, Washington, Kentucky, London, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Moscow and Hong Kong—Platts has created a global network of experts in constant contact with the metals and steel industries.
- Benchmark metals market price assessments—independently assessed price levels for a range of metals, including aluminum, iron ore, steel, nickel, copper, zinc, ferroalloys, gold, silver, platinum, palladium, rhodium and magnesium
- Platts Alumina Index (PAX)—the world’s first daily alumina price assessments
- The world’s longest published and most widely used daily iron ore Fe 62% North China price assessment
- The only coverage of the most widely used US aluminum price (Platts Midwest Transaction price) reported on the day it is set, plus commentary from participants on the "why" behind the pricing
- Real-time exchange closing prices and fundamental updates from the LME, NYMEX and COMEX, as well as the Shanghai exchanges
- Platts unique "Heard in the market" reports on actual physical price deals reported as our editors gather price data throughout the day
- Scrolling headlines and breaking news on every aspect of the metals and steel markets with analysis behind the headlines
- A customizable platform that allows you to drill down to only the market pricing and news relevant to your business
Who Should Buy
Whatever your position in the metals and steel industry, Metals Alert can provide you with the information you need. Purchasers of this valuable real-time service include producers, scrap dealers, consumers, traders, risk managers, analysts and investors.
- Make confident trading and investing decisions—knowing you rely on a time-tested and proven methodology
- Negotiate better contracts and pricing with your vendors
- Understand price-moving news and keep an eye on your competitors
- Improve efficiency and save time by accessing key information on your schedule
- Adjust your strategic plans using our information
- Seize business opportunities in a more timely manner