Platts Steel Markets Daily is a leading source for iron ore prices, scrap metal prices, and iron ore news. This is also the only publication that publishes global metallurgical coal spot prices on a daily basis.
Platts Steel Markets Daily is the only publication containing two iron ore price benchmark assessments in one report: Platts IODEX and TSI 62% iron ore. Both iron ore prices are based upon separate, independent and robust methodologies and are widely used in both physical and financial contracts and negotiations. Request your trial today.
With more than 80 price assessments published daily and weekly, with global coverage of news and markets, you can make critical decisions with complete confidence.
Steel Mill Economics
Included in the Steel Markets Daily is Platts Steel Mill Economics - a series of daily global spreads designed to highlight the dynamic economics of blast and electric arc furnaces (BFs and EAFs). They provide the market with data to help analyze margins and yields of BFs and EAFs (input costs such as iron ore, coke, coking coal and ferrous scrap) versus output price assessments (finished and semi-finished steel products). These global spreads are published daily, weekly and as monthly averages.
Steel mills, banks, investors and the trading community now have analytical solutions for comparing market standards (profitability/productivity), industry benchmarks and cash flow management.
Platts Steel Markets Daily turns industry news into actionable insights. Its concentrated insights improve your ability to leverage critical information to help you work smarter and manage risk even more confidently. Negotiate better contracts, trade at the most competitive price, save time with centralized access to all pricing data that's pivotal to the steelmaking raw materials markets and acquire intelligence about your competitors.
Platts Steel Markets Daily delivers:
- Daily raw material price assessments and spreads allowing traders to establish independent prices for long and short term contracts and help purchasers to negotiate better
- Market commentary and news from the world’s major trading hubs help purchasers and producers understand what might be influencing the market today.
- Analysis of market fundamentals lets traders know what’s happening along the supply chain to help them spot trends and form future pricing strategies, and helps purchasers manage their inventory levels
- Reports on government activities such as policy, trade actions and legislation with analysis from Platts on how this affects the raw materials market can enable Producers to adjust business plans and provides Risk Managers with more situational awareness
- Breaking news can allow people all along the supply to chain to react to rapidly changing market conditions
Backed by Platts’ unrivalled team of industry specialists, Platts Steel Markets Daily features:
- Daily raw material price assessments from the world's critical markets, including coking coal and coke, ferrous scrap, ferroalloys, ore fines and an iron ore paper swap daily forward curve
- Platts IODEX and TSI iron ore benchmarks in one consolidated report
- Access to Platts Price Analyzer – online graphing and price comparison tool
- Platts Steel Mill Economics - spreads to help you manage risk, hedge, analyze and compare margins, and more
- Analysis of market fundamentals that influence the entire raw materials industry
- Platts Steel Raw Materials Monthly - monthly news and analytical report
- Platts Insight - fortnightly feature articles covering different aspects of the steel industry