Without access to impartial steel iron ore and scrap prices, how can you make the most informed business and trading decisions?
The Steel Index (TSI) provides all participants in the steel industry supply chain with daily and weekly spot market average prices, together with the latest key market data and insights to help you stay ahead of the competition. Prices for European HRC and a wide range of steel products in the USA, Europe, Turkey and Asia are compiled from transaction data submitted by companies actively buying and selling relevant material throughout the ferrous supply chain.
Prices are published on TSI’s website instantly and available for analysis and download via TSI’s proprietary on-line Price Analyzer tool. This offers subscribers graphing and analysis functions as well as immediate access to TSI’s price histories. Clients receive daily and weekly price reports by email in real time and can also choose to receive TSI’s price data directly into their systems via a data feed.
Acquired by Platts in July 2011, TSI operates as a separate entity and has its own distinct price discovery methodology and pricing activities. For further information please visit www.thesteelindex.com/en/procedures-methodology/.
- Improve your contract negotiating position with suppliers or customers with access to independent TSI prices that are based on actual transactions, not market hearsay, enabling you to negotiate with extra confidence
- Be among the first to spot emerging price trends and identify opportunities in the global marketplace by tracking import/export threats using the most up-to-date prices
- Identify performance gaps and ways to bridge them by gaining valuable insight into how your company is performing versus your peers: are lagging, norming or outperforming them?
- Manage price risk and reduce volatility through indexing programs or attaining fixed-prices via the growing swaps market in scrap, steel and iron ore, cleared against TSI
- TSI’s indices are based on actual transactions from over 550 companies spanning the steel supply chain
- Spot prices for iron ore where TSI shares the global iron ore benchmark with IODEX
- Independent and unbiased prices collected through a secure online system
- Real-time prices available on TSI’s website and emailed to subscribers
- Volume-weighted daily, weekly and monthly averages
- TSI’s iron ore and scrap spot prices are also available in Platts Steel Markets Daily
Who Should Buy
Anyone who needs independent and accurate iron ore or scrap prices will find The Steel Index an essential tool. Subscribers include traders, brokers, producers, consumers, industry executives and analysts throughout the steel markets.