S&P Global Platts Training provides a two-day training format and one-day hands-on hedging workshop covering the aluminum market. This live, interactive training will put you face-to-face with subject matter experts who provide you a comprehensive understanding of how this important market works. From raw materials used to make aluminum, to fundamentals of making aluminum, to aluminum products, recycling, secondary markets, pricing, hedging, buying and selling, our experts cover it all. Be prepared to bring your questions – you’ll have plenty of opportunities to draw on the experience and knowledge of our aluminum market veterans.
The two-day Training Course discussion includes:
- Raw materials: where are they and how they are used to
- Making Aluminum: the basics at the primary and secondary mills
- Casting, rolling, extruding, coating and alloying
- A study of aluminum making economics around the world
- Aluminum’s primary end use markets
- Macro view of global markets for aluminum
- Aluminum usage in automotive and transportation
The one-day Hedging Workshop discussion includes:
- Pricing, hedging and price risk management tools for aluminum
- What is hedging and how it is done in the aluminum market
- The role of indexes
- The role of commodity exchanges
- How the MidWest Premium fits into the picture
- And plenty of practical step 1, step 2, step 3…straightforward hedging exercises covering a wide range of hedging strategies for buyers and sellers
Both events offer great opportunities to learn, grow, and network. Attend one or attend both.
Courses are intended for market newcomers who need a comprehensive holistic view of the industry AND experienced professionals wanting to refine their approach or expand their knowledge base.
Attendees at both the training and the workshop include CEO’s, Directors, Vice Presidents, and Managers, in roles like Purchasing, Procurement, Sales, Business and Market Development, Planning, Logistics, Finance, Analysis, Product Management, and more.
Class size is limited, so register early to reserve your seat. If your company would like to send more than one person, we offer a team discount.
Trainers and Workshop presenters
Our experts have an average of over 25 years apiece worth of aluminum industry experience. To learn more about their backgrounds and qualifications, visit Trainers.
Like what you see but this session doesn’t fit into your schedule?
We add new cities and dates throughout the year. Visit the Global Metals Training and Hedging Workshops website, or contact the Head of Global Training, Preston Gibson at +1 412-431-1765 or email@example.com to learn more.