S&P Global Platts Training brings you the most comprehensive “go-to class” covering the steel market you’ll find. This live, interactive training is led by industry experts with rolled-up-sleeves experience in the steel industry. From the raw materials used to make steel, to the fundamentals of making the steel, steel products, global production to local consumption, recycling, international trade and trade laws, buying, and selling: our experts cover it all. Bring your questions—you’ll have plenty of opportunities to draw on the experience and knowledge of our steel market veterans.
The online training course curriculum includes these top-line topics:
- Raw materials: where they are, who uses them, and how
- Making steel: the basics at the mill—Blast Furnace, BOF, and EAF
- Casting, rolling, coating and alloying
- Steel's primary end-use markets and market forecast modeling
- Macro view of global markets
- The dynamics of international steel trading
- The effects and use of international trade law
Online course features and benefits
The online course offers:
- Live, fully-interactive delivery so lessons are adaptable, topical, and personalized for attendees
- Q&A available throughout the duration of the course
- Real-world advice from steel industry veterans who also lead the onsite training courses
- Easy access from any location equipped with an internet connection, eliminating the need for travel time and expense
- One-day compacted version of the two-day onsite training course, to fit more easily into your schedule
- Electronic versions of the training materials
Who should attend?
Courses are intended for market newcomers AND experienced professionals wanting to refine their approach. Participants include:
- Steel buyers (manufacturers, end-users, procurement, purchasing)
- Steel sellers (mills, service centers, traders)
- Suppliers (industrial gas, recyclers, metallics manufacturers, coal, power companies)
- Financial (banks, company CFO’s, analysts)
- Government (state, national)
- Associations (managing executives, staffers)
- Anyone needing a solid foundation about the steel market and its inherent dynamics
If your company would like to enroll more than one person, we offer a team discount. Visit our Pricing page for details.
Former Director Market Research and Strategy
General Manager, Specialty Products
Our experts have over 60 years of combined steel industry experience. To learn more about their backgrounds and qualifications, visit our Trainers page.
Like what you see but this session doesn’t fit your needs?
We add new dates and locations throughout the year. Visit the Global Metals Training and Hedging Workshops website, or contact the Head of Global Training, Preston Gibson at
+1 412-431-1765 or email@example.com to learn about available options.