Platts China Oil Analytics has been created to make a meaningful difference to you, your business and your trading strategies.
This uniquely comprehensive analytical product enables you to consider the myriad factors affecting China’s oil balance. Combining Platts’ local and global market analysis with news, data and, significantly, an intuitive analytical tool, Platts China Oil Analytics helps you build context in any way you choose.
All this is provided by Platts, who have over 100 years of experience of bringing transparency to the Oil and refined products markets.
How Platts China Oil Analytics can help you:Traders
Make faster and more informed trading decisions by referring to China data, analysis and market news in one convenient, centralized resource.
- Develop an even more detailed picture of China oil and refined product consumption and demand with granular short and mid-term Platts monthly forecasts, together with the longer term view of up to 2 years.
- Make more robust trading decisions and analysis by comparing China ex Refinery vs Platts MOPS price.
- React faster with real-time data and timely analysis compiled by our local and global analysts and market reporters for a more robust view of the market.
- Stay alert to the market moving stories most relevant to you with real-time news selected by Platts’ team of analysts.
- Access the breadth and depth of insights you need with supply and demand data from regional and national named sources, together with macro and economic data for wider context.
- All data can be exported into Excel for easy integration into your systems and models for further analysis.
Save time collating all the data you need from the Chinese domestic market by accessing it in one centralized resource.
- Gain a truly informed picture by combining short and medium term analysis from Platts China Oil Analytics’ monthly reports combined with the analytical tool’s longer-range forecasts.
- Customize reports for your own analysis as well as sharing with company colleagues.
- Avoid manual input errors by exporting all data and reports seamlessly into Excel for your own analysis and modeling.
- Understand crude and refined product movements and trends by referring to robust import and export analysis available in the balances report.
See the full supply and demand picture in China by accessing comprehensive refinery data covering capacity, outages and throughput forecasts by ownership for 196 refineries.
- See refining capacity and run rates in granular detail using the interactive map, with the ability to download all information to your workflow.
- Select the best opportunities with both state and independent refineries by understanding and comparing China refinery capacity by unit, location and ownership.
- Gain insights into the latest market trends by referring to the Monthly Analysis Reports compiled by Platts’ team of local and global analysts.
- Support your decision-making with spreads, cracks and margins information, all easily downloadable into Excel.
Platts China Oil Analytics provides you with:
- Demand and supply analysis – Platts domestic demand and supply analysis for China crude oil and refined products (LPG, naphtha, gasoline, jet fuel, gasoil and fuel oil).
- Forecasting – Platts short-term (1-12 months) and mid-term (1-2 years) forecast for supply and demand, as well as import and export.
- Refining margins analysis and data – insights based on domestic and imported crude feeds for a typical complex refinery (based on four crudes: Dubai, ESPO, Cabinda and Shengli), ex-refinery product prices, yields, taxes and shipping costs.
- Trade analysis and data - import and exports statistics such as by import and export by sources, analysis, trends and monthly forecasts.
- Refining analysis and data (+ maintenance) - capacities, key configurations and throughput analysis.
- Refinery locations and capacities - by unit configurations for national oil company refineries and independent teapot refineries.
- News Analysis - market critical stories selected and published in real-time by Platts’ on-the-ground and global reporters and analysts.
Many clients purchase multiple subscriptions to ensure their entire staff has access to Platts’ information. We'll work with you to ensure our distribution methods meet your specific needs. For details, please contact your nearest Platts office.