Platts Coal Trader International is the only daily publication where you can access Platts proprietary price assessments for coal trading in the Atlantic and Pacific markets, including the world’s first Chinese led, independent and editorially assessed thermal coal prices for the Chinese market, in collaboration with Fenwei Energy LLC (SXCOAL.CO). The China CoaI Index series will leverage the combined strengths of Fenwei and Platts to create a new level of insight and transparency in pricing for both Chinese domestic material and imports.
Price assessments for the Chinese Coal Index (CCI) include:
- CC1 (FOB Qinhuangdao) 5,500 NAR
- CC2 (FOB Qinhuangdao) 5,000 NAR
- CC7 (CFR South China) 4,700 NAR
- CC8 (CFR South China) 5,500 NAR
It also provides additional price assessments, including:
- FOB Newcastle 6,300 GAR
- FOB Newcastle 5,500 NAR;
- FOB Richards Bay 6,000 NAR;
- FOB Richards Bay 5,500 NAR;
- FOB Kalimantan 5,900 GAR;
- FOB Kalimantan 4,200 GAR
- European CIF ARA;
- FOB Colombia 6,000 NAR;
- CIF Turkey 6,000 NAR;
Platts Coal Trader International provides:
- Physical and financial market prices
- Daily updates on spot-market developments
- The most up to date market news, including global steam coal tenders
- A detailed, daily physical coal trade transactions table
- Coking coal market pricing and news
- Latest freight and rail developments
- Emissions news
- Daily forward curves for German dark spreads and German clean dark spreads
- A new level of transparency into the Chinese coal market with the Chinese Coal Index (CCI)
Platts' dedicated team of journalists is renowned for its pricing expertise and consistently leads the market, providing breaking news on the international steam coal and coking coal industry.
Who Should Buy
Business executives, traders, risk managers and other mining and energy professionals can be more profitable and stay ahead of the competition by getting the full story and the latest prices from Platts Coal Trader International.
Platts Coal Trader International gives you exclusive data on shipping movements, tenders, and contracts so you can make critical market decisions in a rapidly evolving market. Platts assesses physical spot prices in key regions in both the Atlantic and Pacific markets with help from the Chinese Coal Index to help you achieve better decision making and more profitable trading.