Every month Energy Economist combines incisive judgments and detailed data sets that deliver ideas you can profit by. This unique market report presents succinct features that emphasize the cross-sectoral and long-term implications of current events. It also includes regular updates from key energy policy centers around the globe.
Energy Economist also has a comprehensive news and data section, including market commentary on the carbon, coal, gas, oil, and power markets. In addition, it provides you with unrivalled coverage on the energy outlook, including:
- Political and economic risk
- Supply and demand
- Policy and regulation
- Renewables and new technologies
- Liberalization and market design
- Supply security
- Carbon market developments
Who Should Buy
Energy Economist provides CEOs, corporate and government planners, strategists, analysts and traders new perspectives that highlight the opportunities and risks in today's energy world.
Energy Economist is a provocative read that will help you formulate and clarify your ideas about major issues and events. With it, you can make better informed business decisions and have a clearer understanding of today's evolving energy market trends.
And it saves you time. Energy Economist digs through the technical journals, legislation, market data and conferences, ferreting out key details. You'll have more time to act on information and seize major business opportunities…ahead of the crowd.
Energy Economist also has a comprehensive news and data section, including market commentary on the carbon, coal, gas, oil, and power markets. Data sets include:
- OPEC production
- World oil demand forecasts
- Rig counts
- Dated Brent price history and averages ($/b)
- Nymex 3-2-1 crackspread price history and averages ($/b)
- Dated Brent Forward Curve ($/b)
- Brent market structure history (Dtd Brent versus 1st month) ($/b)
- Natural gas price history ($/MMBtu): UK NBP, Zeebrugge, Henry Hub
- Coal price history ($/mt); ARA CIF 90-day, Nymex lookalike 1st month, Qinhuangdao 90-day
- Oil product spot price comparisons ($/b); Gulf Coast, NY, Rotterdam, Singapore
- NWE and US power generation ($/MWh); profit and loss comparisons for coal and gas
- Power feedstocks spot comparison and price history ($/MMBtu): NY, NWE; Asia for fuel oil, gas and coal
- European power price histories (€/MWh); UK, Nord Pool, Netherlands, Germany, Spain
- US day-ahead power ($/MWh); PJM, Into Cinergy, Palo Verde, Mid-C, ERCOT)
- Carbon Dioxide; EU ETS EUAs price history and monthly averages
Energy Economist is delivered in PDF format via email and also can be downloaded from Platts.com.
The price data listed in Energy Economist are also available in data-point format for easy import and analysis. This is the most efficient, most reliable way to receive our industry-standard benchmark assessments.
For a modest additional cost, upgrade your subscription to include Market Data covering the oil, electric power, natural gas and coal markets. With a click of a mouse you'll have access to the latest, most-accurate petrochemical price assessments in data-point format. Market Data also provides you with end-of-day assessments, third-party data, and a rolling 45-day historical database for key assessments. For further information, please contact Platts Sales.
Gain access to past articles from every issue we have on file for Energy Economist. This valuable resource helps you to search for and analyze useful information, allowing you to create a customized reference section on issues that interest you the most. You'll always find what you're looking for, because our archives are easily searchable—just enter key words, company names, a date range, or an industry – and specify which publications you wish to search. Add the Enhanced Market Report Service to your subscription today for a minimal fee, and you'll gain long-term benefits.
Many clients purchase multiple subscriptions to ensure their entire staff has access to Platts' information. We'll work with you to make certain our distribution methods meet your specific needs. For details, contact your nearest Platts office.