Every day, Platts Energy Trader provides a unique perspective on the energy marketplace, including comprehensive coverage of both the natural gas and electricity markets in North America. It's an indispensable source of information and education for all market players - from the new entrant to the experienced practitioner.
On a national and regional basis, this comprehensive publication offers unique features that help you stay in touch with the industry's latest developments, including:
- The top news of the day in within the gas and power markets
- Concise national gas and power market commentary
- Prompt-month forward assessments
- Daily spot gas prices for 88 locations
- Daily electricity indexes for 34 locations
- Near-term electricity prices
- Critical monthly gas prices
- Spark spreads
- Unit outage tables by region
- Unique national indicators for daily gas and electricity prices
- Market commentary on the daily and forward gas and electricity markets
- Closing prices for NYMEX
- Gas futures and options
- Select Platts oil prices
- Cumulative averages of daily prices throughout the calendar month for all on-peak daily electricity indexex
- Coverage of ISO news, RFPs and financial transmission rights auctions
Who Should Buy
Any company that produces, trades, or consumes electricity and natural gas can benefit from Platts Energy Trader. The publication provides comprehensive news and data regarding the both electric and gas markets, helping you make more informed decisions. In addition, investment traders and bankers also have a substantial stake in monitoring energy trading and news, so they can leverage commodity exposure and find profit opportunities.
Energy traders need to understand and react to large amounts of information to do their job effectively. Platts Energy Trader provides dynamic news, market commentary and timely information that help you make decisions that pre-empt volatility in the marketplace. With a better way to understand and manage market risks as they develop, you stay ahead of this complex industry.