Exclusive Publisher of ICE-driven Forward Curves
Platts-ICE Forward Curve – Natural Gas (PFC-Gas) provides an independent assessment of forward prices. Platts has the exclusive right to publish curves using end-of-day ICE settlement data, allowing you to mark-to-market your positions with confidence.
PFC-Gas enables you to:
- Validate internally-derived natural gas price curves with unbiased, independent data
- Calculate mark-to-market valuations to determine daily profit and loss
- Calculate risk metrics such as Value-at-Risk (VaR) and perform stress tests
- Report the fair value of derivative instruments on financial statements and disclosures
- Confidently assess the market values of assets and liabilities to support corporate strategies such as mergers and acquisitions
PFC-Gas provides assessments of forward prices for commonly traded packages across key trading hubs in North America. With this product, you’ll receive:
- Monthly, seasonal, and yearly forward prices for 29 key locations, extending out three calendar years
- Independent price assessments based on bids, offers, and actual trades, rather than modeled data
If you would like to receive daily market commentary and forward
markets analysis along with forward price curves, consider subscribing
to Platts Natural Gas Alert, which features PFC-Gas as an add-on
PFC-Gas is the only product that combines the data-gathering power
and expertise of Platts editors with ICE trade and settlement data.
Platts also uses New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX) intraday and
end-of-the-day prices, broker quotes, and direct quotes from market
participants to provide forward curve assessments.