Platts Forward Curve - Petrochemicals (PFC-Petchems) is an editorially observed and assessed forward curves package that helps you to manage exposure to price volatility and satisfy fair value reporting standards in the petrochemicals markets.
PFC-Petchems provides regional daily coverage of aromatics (including Benzene), Brent, Naphtha and Propane markets.
Based on the Platts Market on Close (MOC) price discovery system, PFC-Petchems yields price assessments reflective of market values at the close of every trading day in Asia, Europe and North America.
Platts unbiased price reports are produced by editorial teams dedicated to petroleum and petrochemical market reporting. Located in Singapore, London and Houston (where petroleum and petrochemical markets are best observed) Platts unrivaled resources result in comprehensive coverage, information and insights that help you make sound trading and business decisions every day.
PFC-Petchems provides you with forward curve data from an independent source to help you manage exposure to price volatility and satisfy fair value financial reporting standards. Save time and resources by analyzing data from a single source to:
- Calculate mark-to-market valuations to determine profit and loss
- Report the fair value of financial instruments
- Calculate key risk metrics such as value-at-risk
- Manage counterparty credit exposure and collateral requirements
- Confidently assess the market values of assets and liabilities to support corporate strategies
- Validate internally-derived curves
Platts’ open methodology and daily coverage bring greater transparency to forward petrochemicals markets. PFC-Petchems features include:
- Almost 40 assessments of forward curves – plus spreads and differentials – across Asia, EMEA and Americas markets
- Forward curves that reflect transactable values on an MOC basis at 16:30 in Singapore, 16:30 in London, and 15:15 in New York
- Assessments that extend up to 12 months
- Regional coverage of petrochemical and related petroleum markets
- Historical data for the petrochemical forward markets
PFC-Petchems provides swap price assessments for all three major global trading regions: Asia, Europe and North America.
Recognizing that you evaluate petroleum and petrochemicals price relationships, regional market coverage includes:
- Naphtha (Asia and Europe only)
- Isomer-MX (Asia only)
- Mixed Xylene (North America only)
Accessed via Platts Market Data files, PFC-Petchems can be download and import into back-office or analytical databases or into Microsoft Excel or other desktop applications. These files can be accessed in two ways:
- Download comma-delimited (.csv) data files from www.platts.com
- Download text files (.txt) from Platts’ FTP site
Contact us to get started. We will work with you to ensure that your staff has access to the data it needs, distributed in a way that meets your specific needs.
Platts partners play a critical role in helping your company succeed. We are pleased to have cooperative partnerships with the world's leading data delivery and analysis companies to help you extend the value of the information we provide throughout your organization. Please contact your nearest Platts office to discover whether you can access PFC–Petchems through your existing vendor's delivery platform.