Get detailed coverage of natural gas spot prices at interstate pipeline and pooling points in major US and Canadian markets.
Gas Daily's news, market commentary and analysis are used by major players to understand market movements, the regulatory environment, and trends impacting the price of natural gas. Also available with your subscription: Gas Daily Market Fundamentals, a daily supplement from Platts Analytics.
- Strategize with confidence: Identify patterns and trends in regional natural gas markets and keep track of major market developments, competitors, supply and demand, market dynamics, and regulatory issues.
- Understand pricing: Use Gas Daily price assessments as a baseline to buy and sell natural gas on a spot and long-term basis. Natural gas price assessments listed in Gas Daily are also available in data-point format for easy analysis.
- Identify opportunities: Draw upon Gas Daily news, market commentary, and price analysis to understand natural gas market and pricing trends, stay on top of customer/counterparty activities, and develop new business opportunities.
- Benchmark your performance: Track important market pricing developments, as well as news about competitors and customers.
- Ensure compliance: Use Gas Daily assessments to resolve contract pricing issues, establish contract prices for billing, and understand regional basis for contract price formulas.
- Tailor to your business: Apply Gas Daily market assessments to develop pricing and budgeting strategies.
Whether you’re a risk manager, research analyst, trader or broker, Platts Gas Daily brings you crucial competitive intelligence across the entire gas marketplace.
|Market commentary: recaps prior day’s spot and futures trading activity||x|
|Natural gas news
- FERC rulings
- Industry trends and insights
- Supply and demand developments
|Platts Analytics market fundamentals supplement
- Daily key indexes
- Top three headlines
- Daily fundamental data and analysis
- 14-day gas demand forecast
- EIA storage week forecast
|Daily price survey
- Price reporting at 111 geographic location
|Platts M2MS-Gas forward curves
- Market-based forward curves and supporting analytical data
|NYMEX Henry Hub 36-month forward contract prices||x|
|Natural gas flows at key pricing points||x|
|Spot prices for WTI and residual oil||x|
|Natural gas forwards wrap-up ||x|
|Weekly weighted average prices for Gas Daily points||x|
|EIA natural gas working storage report
- Previous week storage for Eastern, Western and producing regions
|Canadian gas working storage report
- Working gas capacity and storage for Eastern and Western regions
|Platts Analytics special feature||x|
|Pipeline monthly stocks
- Comparing last quarter and last year
|Top North American natural gas marketers
- Wholesale physical volumes sold by company, compared year on year
Daily Natural Gas Price Survey by Region (number of assessments in parenthesis)
- Northeast (14)
- Appalachia (14)
- Midcontinent (8)
- Upper Midwest (14)
- East Texas (12)
- Louisiana/Southeast (21)
- Rockies/Northwest (16)
- Southwest (12)
- Forward curves
- NYMEX Henry Hub gas futures contract
- Henry Hub/NYMEX Spread
- Natural gas hub flow
- Platts oil prices
Access the North American Natural Gas Methodology and Specifications Guide
As an independent commodity price and news provider with robust methodologies, our benchmark commodity prices have become the common language participants use to write contracts, monitor their commodity market, and achieve full transparency around transactions. Platts makes no representation or warranty as to the results to be obtained by market participants who elect to use Platts' prices and indices as the basis for transactions.
Platts Gas Daily is delivered online through Platts Market Center and via email. As part of your subscription, you have access via Platts Market Center to past articles from back issues.
Many clients purchase multiple subscriptions to ensure their entire team can access Platts information. We'll work with you to ensure our distribution methods meet your specific needs.