Platts Market Data is the most efficient and reliable way to receive Platts benchmark dry freight price assessments.
With Market Data Dry Freight, you get access to the latest, most accurate dry freight price data. This service provides you with our end-of-day assessments, corrections, third-party data, and a rolling 45-day historical database. Complete and custom historical data sets are also available.
- Platts Market Data provides the price data to help you reduce risk when making important trading decisions, valuing positions and analyzing data.
- You can set up automated feeds to ensure your trading analysis and settlements are powered by the industry's most reliable price benchmarks.
- Reduce the risk from manual data entry by receiving your Platts price data via Market Data and make your working day more efficient.
- Ensure you are trading at the same price levels as other market participants
- Over 110 independent freight rate assessments updated daily
- Assessments cover all freight in all major vessel sizes, from Capesize to Handysize
- All major dry freight commodities assessed, including: iron ore, coking & thermal coal, sugar and grains
Market Data – Dry Freight provides over 110 assessments covering the following:
- Capesize, Panamax, Supramax, Handymax, Handysize prices
- Asia-Pacific and Atlantic routes
- Iron ore, coking and thermal coal, alumina, sugar and grains commodities
Download the assessment list for Market Data – Dry Freight
For more information about the price of this product please contact your nearest Platts office. Many clients purchase multiple subscriptions to ensure their entire staff has access to Platts’ information. We can work with you to ensure that we appropriately license your staff and put in place the correct discount levels as well as ensure that our distribution methods meet your specific needs.
Market Data – Dry Freight is available in multiple formats and can be fed into your internal systems to ensure everyone in your company is looking at the same data. The most common ways to receive Market Data – Dry Freight are:
- Platts API or intuitive Excel Add-in
- Download comma-delimited (.csv) data files from www.platts.com
- Download text files (.txt) from Platts FTP site
- Via a 3rd party vendor e.g.: