Widely recognized as the industry standard, Platts Market Data - Metals provides the latest ferrous and nonferrous benchmarks and price assessments from both S&P Global Platts and The Steel Index (TSI). With access to end-of-day assessments, third party data and a rolling 45-day historic database from two of the leading metals price reporting agencies, you're equipped to make critical decisions with confidence.
- Understand price drivers and trends by keeping track of prices fluctuations when trading, writing contracts and negotiating transactions for ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
- Develop a strong pricing and business strategy by referencing daily and historical Platts and TSI price assessments through complete or customizable data sets.
- Simplify and safeguard your data analysis and modelling, while eliminating the risks associated with manual data entry by using Platts and TSI data to populate your proprietary financial models.
- Get the confidence you need when trading or negotiating in such an illiquid market by knowing that our assessment rationales provide invaluable transparency. View our metals methodologies.
- With key Platts and TSI prices in the same place (including Platts IODEX and TSI 62% Fe iron ore benchmarks), you can closely compare and monitor the correlations going forward.
Whether you’re a risk manager, research analyst, trader or broker, Platts Market Data - Metals is a vital tool for anyone working in the Metals market.
Key Price Assessments include
Over 1200 ferrous steel and raw materials prices:
- All Platts and TSI steel, scrap, iron ore and coking coal assessments
- Platts IODEX and TSI 62% Fe benchmark iron ore prices
- Platts and TSI Premium Hard benchmark coking coal assessments
- Platts and TSI steel products by region: Asia, EMEA and Americas
- Ferroalloys, metallurgical coal and steel/ferrous
- metals spreads
- LME and third party ferrous prices
Almost 2000 non-ferrous metals prices:
- Platts Aluminum Transaction Premium benchmarks for US and Japan
- Major metals such as aluminum and copper and all other base metals
- Light metals such as magnesium and titanium
- Minor metals such as mercury and indium
- Precious metals such as gold, silver and platinum
- LME and third party non-ferrous metals
Over 10.000 data points:
- AISI Steel Demand Data
- AISI Steel Production Data
- AISI Steel Supply Data
- China Steel Analytics
Market Data - Metals is available in bitesize packages, whether you need raw materials, steel, non-ferrous or dry freight data, with the option to receive complete or customized data sets. Our data can also be fed into your internal systems to ensure everyone in your company is looking at the same data.
The most common ways to receive Market Data – Metals are:
- Download comma-delimited (.csv) data files directly from the site.
- Download text files (.txt) from Platts FTP site via a 3rd party vendor.
For more information about how to access and purchase this product please get in touch.
Why S&P Global Platts
As an independent commodity price and news provider with robust methodologies, our benchmark commodity prices have become the common language participants use to write contracts, monitor their commodity market, and achieve full transparency around transactions. Platts makes no representation or warranty as to the results to be obtained by market participants who elect to use Platts' prices and indices as the basis for transactions.