Your time is valuable. Let Platts Megawatt Daily help you save it. A go-to source for US and Canadian electric power markets, Platts Megawatt Daily is a smarter read than ever, delivering breaking news, the latest price assessments, and expanded analytical content that supports deeper market understanding based on the fundamentals. New graphs and tables give you immediate context and help you identify market-moving trends. VIEW SAMPLE
- Strategize with confidence: Evaluate utility market strategies and how they meet load.
- Understand pricing: Follow new generation and its impact on zonal and regional prices, and track competition among competing fuels and renewables.
- Identify opportunities: Analyze tranmission projects and their impacts on prices.
- Benchmark your performance: Track your company’s performance in relation to your competition.
- Ensure compliance: Stay on top of policies and decisions of ISOs, FERC, CFTC, EAP and Congress and their potential market impacts.
- Tailor to your business: Select and retrieve the data that's relevant to your business from hundreds of categories of assessments. Price assessments listed in Platts Megawatt Daily are also available in data-point format for easy analysis.
Whether you’re a risk manager, research analyst, trader or broker, Platts Megawatt Daily is a vital tool for anyone working in North America power markets.
- New: Daily $/MWh fuel costs for coal and gas
- New: Platts Bentek power burn data and basis spreads
- New: Generation by fuel type for each ISO
- New: Data file includes daily day-ahead prices and LMP breakdowns, prompt month prices, and more
- Day-ahead bi-lateral indexes for 15 locations in the Southeast and West
- Comprehensive coverage of day-ahead prices at major ISO hubs
- Proprietary forward price assessments
- Exclusive monthly retail price index
- Supply and demand dynamics explained
- RTO, federal and state policies that shape the markets
- Generation new builds and retirements
As an independent commodity price and news provider with robust methodologies, our benchmark commodity prices have become the common language participants use to write contracts, monitor their commodity market, and achieve full transparency around transactions. Platts makes no representation or warranty as to the results to be obtained by market participants who elect to use Platts' prices and indices as the basis for transactions.
Platts Megawatt Daily is delivered online through Platts Market Center and via email. As part of your subscription, you have access via Platts Market Center to past articles from back issues.
Many clients purchase multiple subscriptions to ensure their entire team can access Platts information. We'll work with you to ensure our distribution methods meet your specific needs.