Platts Metals Alert is an online platform providing real-time news, bids, offers and trades as well as end-of-day prices for today's metals markets, ensuring you seize opportunities before your competition and manage your risk effectively in the process.
- Make confident trading and investment decisions, with independent and impartial daily reference prices and monthly averages backed by a time-tested and proven methodology.
- Seize opportunities before your competition, with real-time intelligence to help you understand global and regional ferrous and non-ferrous markets.
- Follow market activity over time, with reported bids, offers and trades to get real insight on the metals market so you can spot opportunities, threats and keep an eye on your competitors.
- Understand underlying market dynamics and their potential impact on your strategic plans with expert commentary on global market fundamentals such as raw steel production, imports, exports, inventories, output and more from around the world.
- Historical data (add-on): Minimize your exposure to risk by monitoring historical trends and identifying future trading patterns.
Whether you’re a risk manager, research analyst, trader or broker, Platts Metals Alert is a vital tool to support your company’s profitability in today’s evolving marketplace.
Key Price Assessments include
- The world’s first daily alumina price assessment - Platts Alumina Index (PAX)
- The world’s longest published and most widely used daily iron ore Fe 62% North China price assessment - Platts IODEX
- The globally traded Platts Australia premium hard coking coal
- Platts Aluminum Transaction Premium benchmarks for US, Japan and other key regions
- Metallurgical coal, ferroalloys, non-ferrous, light, major, minor and precious metals price assessments
- Foreign Exchange, COMEX and NYMEX exchange data
- Alongside Platts steel, scrap, iron ore and coking coal price assessments
You can receive Metals Alert on your PC via our proprietary platform Platts on the Net, or over EMIS - a browser-based platform incorporating an easy and intuitive navigation scheme including user-defined layouts and an improved search engine.
Many clients purchase multiple subscriptions to ensure their entire staff has access to information. We'll work with you to ensure our distribution methods meet your specific needs.
You can also receive this product via Platts Partners. We have cooperative partnership data delivery and analysis companies to help you leverage the information we provide and extend its value throughout your organization
Why S&P Global Platts
As an independent commodity price and news provider with robust methodologies, our benchmark commodity prices have become the common language participants use to write contracts, monitor their commodity market, and achieve full transparency around transactions. Platts makes no representation or warranty as to the results to be obtained by market participants who elect to use Platts' prices and indices as the basis for transactions.