Keep on track with base metals market developments, competition, supply and demand, and regulatory issues with daily access to hundreds of aluminum, alumina, copper, precious metals and manganese prices alongside daily news and analysis of the global metals markets.VIEW SAMPLE
Platts Metals Daily covers end-of-day critical price assessments and can be used to identify patterns and trends, monitor global events and quickly spot opportunities or potential pitfalls in the global non-ferrous metals market space.
- Get your breaking news and daily non-ferrous prices in one place, to fully comprehend the dynamics of base metals trading and purchasing.
- Metals Daily looks beyond the numbers, ensuring you only have to stay with one source of information to grasp the full developments of the non-ferrous metals markets.
- Develop an inherently strong pricing and business strategy by referencing daily and historical spot and contract aluminum, copper, molybdenum and other base, light and precious metals price assessments.
- Trade, write contracts and negotiate transactions with confidence by understanding price drivers and fluctuations.
- Benchmark your performance and track your company’s performance in relation to your competition throughout the aluminum, copper, gold and zinc value chains.
Key price assessment for base, minor and precious metals including:
- Platts Alumina Index (PAX)—the world’s first daily alumina price assessments
- Aluminum Premiums for MW US (Transaction), CIF Japan, CIF Brazil, GW IW Rotterdam and CIF Korea
- MW US A-380 Alloy
- Molybdenum oxide, daily dealer
- Platts Gold Premium 995 India – PGPI995
- Ferroalloys and steel
The latest market pricing and key data including:
- London Close prices
- LME official prices, daily prices, settlement and stocks for the day
- Our European proprietary assessments for ferroalloys and base metals
- COMEX and NYMEX stocks, settlement and closing prices
- Our proprietary prices for U.S. bulk alloys and bulk and noble alloys
- Original news stories on base metals, ferroalloys and precious metals
Access to past issues of Platts Metals Daily
Access to Platts Market Center, a library of metal prices on the online that lets you graph prices and compare them against each other.
Platts Metals Daily is delivered online through Platts Market Center and via email in three editions.
- Daily: issue provides in-depth listing of the day’s metal price movements (including London and U.S. Close prices) and provides our analysis on the effects of strikes, mining projects, production cuts, bankruptcies, legislation, joint ventures, and other market-critical events.
- Weekly: issue provides in-depth interviews with key market participants and outlooks for global supply and demand alongside a metals price overview, covering LME and COMEX prices.
- Monthly: Price Report - detailing monthly metal price averages.
Why S&P Global Platts
As an independent commodity price and news provider with robust methodologies, our benchmark commodity prices have become the common language participants use to write contracts, monitor their commodity market, and achieve full transparency around transactions. Platts makes no representation or warranty as to the results to be obtained by market participants who elect to use Platts prices and indices as the basis for transactions.