View larger image
Stay on top of the momentum toward a natural gas dominated fuel mix in Europe with a comprehensive geographic understanding of the downstream gas infrastructure, from entry point to CCGT. Quick reference to the physical and planned layout of Europe’s gas infrastructure is paramount in an age of security-of-supply concerns and source diversification. Platts’ European Natural Gas System wall map is the most detailed natural gas pipeline map available from Platts, featuring an in-depth look at the supply and transportation aspects of the evolving natural gas marketplace.
The map supports a visual understanding of gas corridors from Norway, Russia and North Africa into Europe and the location of LNG receiving terminals, charting aggregated monthly flows for the main entry points over 2013. It provides a snapshot of new pipeline and LNG projects under consideration, and shows the geographic distribution of gas-fired power plants and the overall generating capacity taken in and out of service during the year. Alongside detailed infrastructure representation and an overview of physical gas flows in 2013, graphs chart relative price levels for day ahead gas at the different hubs assessed by Platts.
Map features include operating and planned natural gas pipelines, gas-fired power plants, LNG terminals, gas storage facilities and more.
- Natural gas pipelines, operating and planned, colored by pipeline diameter and symbolized by operational status
- Natural gas fired power plants, operating and planned, sized by generation capacity and symbolized by operational status
- LNG terminals, operating and planned, symbolized by operational status
- Natural gas storage facilities shown by type (LNG/Underground) and by status (operating, planned, under construction)
- Cross-border interconnection points
- Detailed maps of Cologne, Germany; Rotterdam, Netherlands; Milan, Italy
- Major cities and capitals
- Topography, major rivers and water bodies
- Charts depicting Platts Day-ahead Price Assessments (€ /MWh) for select countries, Annual LNG Send-out by Import Terminal (mcm), Monthly LNG Send-out by Destination, Gas-fired Power Plants Added/Removed in MW,
Monthly Gas Pipeline Flows from Norway, Russia and North Africa (mcm)
Select the version that best meets your needs
Printed on heavyweight, glossy, photo-quality paper to enhance the richness of the colors, this version is suitable for framing or display. Dimensions: 32" x 43.22"
Laminated Wall Map
Printed on a durable paper and then laminated, this version can be marked up for analysis and brainstorming purposes and also looks great framed. Dimensions: 32" x 43.22"
The CD-ROM version of the Natural Gas System of Europe, 2014 edition wall map presents the same content as the wall map in a portable format. View maps on any PC whether at your cubicle, in an office, or on the road. Wall space is not required.
This CD features the wall map broken into 22 printable, hyperlinked, legal-sized (8.5 x 14 inch) PDF pages. A printable version of the full-sized wall map is also included to enable copying of specific areas to paste into presentations.
- Share maps with your colleagues and extract images of detailed areas for presentations or to email
- Print detailed areas of interest and take to meetings
- Easily navigate between adjacent map page - maps are hyperlinked
- View from any PC while on the road