View larger image
The North American Electric Power System wall map is the industry standard for understanding the generation, transmission and utility landscape in the US and Canada and is the cornerstone of Platts electric power suite of maps. With numerous cartographic awards to its credit, this view of the electric power system has been helping businesses understand power for over 15 years.
Annually updated to reflect the latest generation and transmission projects and utility M&A, the map shows hundreds of planned power generation projects, planned transmission and changes in utility service in addition to comprehensive coverage of the existing infrastructure.
This edition is loaded with informative graphs, charts and maps designed to expand your knowledge of the electric power industry.
- Existing and planned power plants with 100MW or greater in generation capacity. Plants are sized by nameplate capacity, colored with primary fuel and labeled
- Transmission lines colored by voltage (greater or equal to 161 kV are shown) and labeled with owner name. Both existing and planned transmission are represented.
- Investor owned utility service territories in the US and major Canadian utilities labeled with company name
- Major substations highlighted
- Platts Megawatt-Daily pricing hubs labeled
- Detailed inset maps of urban areas
- Detailed inset map of Alaska and Northwest Canada
- Inset maps showing NERC regions and RTO/ISO regions
- Revealing graphs & charts Top Plant Operators by Operating Capacity, Top Power Plants by Operating Capacity, US Electricity Consumption
- Major cities and state capitals
- Major rivers and water bodies
- Table showing total operating & planned MW capacity by plant operators
Select the version that best meets your needs
Printed on heavyweight, glossy, photo-quality paper to enhance the richness of the colors, this version is suitable for framing. Dimensions: 42 x 72 inches.
Laminated Wall Map
This version can be marked up for analysis and brainstorming purposes and also looks great framed. Dimensions: 42 x 72 inches.
Enhanced CD Version
The CD version of the North American Electric Power System 2015 edition presents the wall map in a digital format. Wall space is not required; this enables you to view maps on any computer in or out the office.
This CD features the wall map broken into 27 printable, hyperlinked, legal-sized (8.5 x 14 inch) PDF pages. A non-printable version of the full-sized map is included to enable copying of specific areas to use in presentations. The maps’ tabular information (abbreviations) is presented in an easy-to-navigate spreadsheet.
- Share maps with your colleagues and extract images of detailed areas for presentations
- Print detailed areas of interest and take to meetings
- Easily navigate between adjacent map page — maps are hyperlinked
- View from any computer while on the road