Platts Olefinscan is a weekly market report that gives you a complete view of what’s happening across the global olefins markets.VIEW SAMPLE
‘It provides you with online and mobile access. Giving you access to the latest news and in-depth analyses, as well as critical pricing information on spot and contract prices across a range of feedstocks. Helping you to make critical business decisions.
A subscription to Platts Olefinscan will be delivered to you through Platts Market Center, which has many tools which allow you to analyze the latest price trends from the global olefins markets. You can also access all of the same information on the move via our mobile app.
Analyze industry developments to keep track of changing market trends to give you a complete view of the market.
With a key focus on ethylene, propylene, butadiene, crude C4 and raffinate, Platts Olefinscan on Platts Market Center helps you:
- Understand the key drivers of feedstock and derivative prices
- Analyze key market activity and create custom price trend graphs to help you keep up to date with market price movements as a basis for spot and contract negotiations
- Undertake analysis to help create a competitive pricing strategy based upon Platts robust methodologies that can help you stay on top of the markets, negotiate best value and protect your margins
- Analyze price patterns to identify price trends in the global olefin sector that enables you to seize opportunities as they arise
- Keep in touch with competitor activities, supply and demand dynamics and regulatory issues
- Stay connected to the latest price changes and market news with our mobile app.
- Platts Petrochemical Cracker Margin index gives you the ability to analyze production economics to calculate your costs in advance
- Spot and contract pricing evaluated and assessed by Platts price-reporting experts for ethylene, propylene, butadiene, raffinate-1, crude C4 and ethylene glycol globally
- Production margins to help gauge supply and demand balances
- Plant operations including scheduled turnarounds, unplanned outages, and new plant projects
- Market transactions with global deals and commentary
- Prices for both domestic and export commodities
- Global olefins production table
- US settled olefin contracts for ethylene & propylene
- Platts Natural Rubber Index
- Weekly Styrene Butadiene Rubber (SBR) prices
- Assessment rationales give the “why” behind the Platts assessed price, as well as bids, offers, trades and exclusions (BOTEs) for key olefins assessments
- Ethylene Assessments
- Propylene Assessments
- Ethylene Glycol Assessments
- Butadiene Assessments
- NWE Crude C4 / Raffinate 1 assessments
- Last settled US olefins contracts
- Platts Rubber Index
- NWE SBR
- Global Production Update
As part of our continued commitment to market transparency, rationales are published for every assessment commentary, as well as bids, offers, trades and exclusions. By providing specific details regarding how Platts editors assess and publish market changes, we’re giving you the “why” behind the end of day prices that have been assessed by Platts.
Platts Olefinscan is delivered by mail and in PDF format via email. It is also available for download from Platts.com.
A subscription to Olefinscan also includes online access via Platts Market Centre and via our mobile app.
Gain access to past articles from back issues of Platts Olefinscan. This valuable resource will allow you to search for and analyze useful information and create your own customized reference on issues that interest you. You'll always find what you're looking for, because our archives are easily searchable -- just enter key words, company names, a date range, or an industry, and specify which publications you wish to search. Add the Enhanced Market Report Service to your subscription today for a minimal fee, and you'll gain long-term benefits.
Many clients purchase multiple subscriptions to ensure their entire staff has access to Platt's information. We'll work with you to make certain our distribution methods meet your specific needs. For details, contact your nearest Platts office.
Platts Market Data Service
The price assessments listed in Platts Olefinscan are also available in data-point format for easy analysis. This is the most efficient, most reliable way to receive our industry-standard benchmark assessments.
For a modest additional cost, upgrade your subscription to include Platts Market Data Service. With a click of a mouse you'll have access to the latest, most-accurate international coal price assessments in data-point format. Platts Market Data also provides you with end-of-day assessments, third-party data, and a rolling 45-day historical database for key assessments.