Olefinscan is a weekly market report for the global chemical feedstock markets, specifically designed to help those involved in producing, trading, buying and selling of olefins. The report provides you with online and mobile access to the latest global prices, as well as market news, commentary and closing market price assessments.VIEW SAMPLE
- Understand the key drivers for feedstock and derivative prices
- Analyze key market activity and create custom price trend graphs to help you keep up to date with olefins market price movements as a basis for spot and contract negotiations
- Help your sales team visualize ethylene and propylene price trends and act on opportunities using the informative olefin pricing charts depicting historic and current market activity
- Create a competitive ethylene and propylene pricing strategy that can help you stay on top of the markets, negotiate best value and protect your margins
- Analyze production economics using Platts Petrochemical Cracker Margin Index to calculate your costs in advance
- Analyze price patterns to identify trends in the global olefin sector that will enable you to seize opportunities as they arise
- Stay connected to the latest price changes and market news with online and mobile access
Platts Olefinscan brings you easy access to chemical feedstock market price ranges and market news across the global olefin markets of the Americas, Europe and Asia. Its weekly coverage of the olefin markets includes a summary of market events and developments along with closing market assessments and weekly prices for:
- Ethylene Glycol
- NWE Crude C4 / Raffinate 1
- Last settled US olefins contracts
- Platts Rubber Index
- NWE SBR
As part of our continued commitment to market transparency, rationales are published for every assessment commentary, as well as bids, offers, trades and exclusions. Find out about our Methodology.
Olefinscan is delivered in PDF format via email with past issues available to download online. A subscription to Olefinscan also includes online access via Platts Market Center and our mobile app (IOS / Android).
Many clients purchase multiple subscriptions to ensure their entire staff has access to information. We'll work with you to ensure our distribution methods meet your specific needs.
Why S&P Global Platts
As an independent commodity price and news provider with robust methodologies, our benchmark commodity prices have become the common language participants use to write contracts, monitor their commodity market, and achieve full transparency around transactions. Platts makes no representation or warranty as to the results to be obtained by market participants who elect to use Platts prices and indices as the basis for transactions.