PowerMap is a strategic desktop mapping system that contains map layers and key statistical data for North American energy markets, giving you the ability to uncover answers to your energy market questions.
Containing more than 60 mapping layers and a powerful suite of analysis and automation tools, PowerMap's extensive capabilities allow you to spatially understand and analyze geographic relationships among various energy markets.
PowerMap is easy to use and provides you with a fully customizable, open environment. You can add your own proprietary data to the system to get a visual representation of your analysis, revealing industry trends that may have gone unnoticed. Third-party GIS and CAD data can even be imported and overlaid on PowerMap layers.
Create high-impact detailed visuals of your spatial analyses for PowerPoint slides, paper maps, or location reports. And to help you become proficient at geographic analysis and mapping, our Geospatial Services staff provide exceptional telephone support and one-time, free onsite training.
Who Should Buy
Investment banks, energy producers, large industrials, and others use PowerMap to identify new opportunities in today's energy markets.
Strategic planners rely on PowerMap to provide key relationships for new power plants or industrial facilities. Investors perform critical analysis for investment or divestiture planning.
Energy Industry Map Layers
Every layer in PowerMap has been digitally integrated to provide you with the tools to geographically represent a wealth of energy information. Platts continuously updates the map layers so you the most current look of North America and its growing energy infrastructure.
Electric power layers
- Control area points and interconnections
- Control areas
- Deregulated states
- Federal service territories
- IOU holding company service territories
- IOU service territories
- Market areas and interconnections
- Platts daily electricity price points
- NERC regions
- NERC sub-regions
- Non-IOU service territories
- Nonregulated electric service providers
- Planning areas
- Power plants
- Regional transmission organizations
- Transmission areas and interconnections
- Transmission lines
Natural gas layers
- Compressor stations
- Platts daily natural gas price points
- Import/export points
- Non-regulated gas service providers
- Producing regions
- Receipt and delivery points
- Storage facilities
- Utility holding company service territories
- Utility service territories
- BEA districts
- Docks and import/export points
- Mines and transaction sources
- Navigable waterways
- Railroad rate districts
- Supply regions
- USBM districts
Business statistics layers
- Counties (with SIC and population data)
- Industrial density (with 4-digit SIC data)
- Industrial facilities
Energy reference layers
- All related industry company locations
- Countries (with energy balance data)
- U.S. cities (with retail utility data)
- Zip codes (with retail utility data)
- Air quality non-attainment areas
- Aquifers (supplemental layer)
- Regional haze areas
- Wastewater treatment plants
Other reference layers
- Color topographic relief
- Black and white topographic relief
- Graticule (15 - grid)
- Major cities
- States, provinces, and territories
- Urbanized areas
This product is not available to purchase online.