This analytics tool provides you access to Global trade Data, American Iron & Steel Institute’s (AISI) data, CISA and Chinese Department of Commerce data.VIEW SAMPLE
Access Global Trade Data to understand the market's dynamics, view the American Iron and Steel Institute's (AISI) statistical data to stay informed of the latest changes in the North American steel marketplace, and follow CISA and the Chinese Department of Commerce data to keep up to date on China's steelmarket.
- Customize and analyze: Select and retrieve global import and export data, American statistical data and Chinese supply and productin that’s relevant to your business.
- Sort and filter: Quickly identify trends and process vast quantities of data with our Trend Analyzer tool* by slicing and dicing the data to get exactly the insight you need.
- Seize opportunities: Stay ahead of your competition, with intelligence to help you understand key regional and global market activity in the steel market
- Strategize with confidence: Develop an inherently strong pricing and business strategy by referencing expert analysis from two of the most important steel markets in the world as well as keeping in touch with Global import and export data.
- Integrate with your systems: Quickly import data into your own systems and eliminate risks associated with manual data entry whether is front, mid & back office systems, through a customizable data feed.
Whether you’re a CEO, corporate or government planner, strategist, analyst or trader, Platts Steel Data & Analysis is a vital tool for anyone working in today's steel market.
Key steel market data and statistics include:
Global Trade Data:
- Import and Export data by source and destination country
- Six-digit HTS code level for all data points
North American and Chinese statistical data:
- Production, shipments by product
- Imports and exports
- Shipments by market classification
- Over 10 years of historical AISI data allowing you to paint a complete picture of the US steel industry
- Platts spot prices
- Indirect steel trade
- Apparent and actual demand
Platts Steel Data & Analysis is delivered via our Platts Metals Trend Analyzer, an online platform that allows you to pivot and filter the databased information quickly with a complete, seamless integration with MS Excel.
Platts Steel Data & Analysis is also delivered in PDF report format that can be downloaded online or received via email. Your subscription includes access to past data points, allowing you to easily search for and analyze useful information as well as create your own customized reference on issues that interest you.
Many clients purchase multiple subscriptions to ensure their entire team can access to Platts information. We'll work with you to ensure our distribution methods meet your specific needs. For details, contact your nearest Platts office.
*Platts Trend Analyzer: access to this tool is for Premium Subscribers only.
As an independent commodity price and news provider with robust methodologies, our benchmark commodity prices have become the common language participants use to write contracts, monitor their commodity market, and achieve full transparency around transactions. Platts makes no representation or warranty as to the results to be obtained by market participants who elect to use Platts' prices and indices as the basis for transactions.